(Photo: L. Citrinot)
Singapore Airlines wasted no time in announcing
. From 20 October, the carrier will convert four weekly frequencies of its daily flight into “VTL flights” from Paris CDG.
The four flights are operated by Boeing 777-300ER. They offer four classes of service. They are only open to fully vaccinated passengers who meet the VTL criteria. They operate on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. The other three SQ flights take place on the remaining days and are non VTL.
Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) eligibility criteria
- Be fully vaccinated with a WHO-approved vaccine, the last dose of which must have been given more than 14 days before arrival in Singapore.
- Obtain an electronic vaccination certificate issued by the Singaporean or European Union authorities that allows for a digital check.
- Apply for a Vaccinated Travel Pass (VTP) between 7 and 30 days before the date of entry into Singapore.
- Have stayed at least 14 days in France or in a VTL* country or in Singapore before the departure date. VTL travellers do not have to be French citizens.
- Present a negative PCR test less than 48 hours prior to flight departure
- Perform a PCR test on arrival in Singapore with a negative result.
- Travel on a designated VTL flight.
- Passengers are required to download the local tracing application “Trace Together” on arrival.
- Have Covid insurance before travelling to Singapore.
Singapore Airlines also offers VTL flights from Germany, Denmark, Spain, Italy, the Netherlands and the UK in Europe. The carrier operates two weekly VTL flights on Rome-Copenhagen-Singapore. It also operates three weekly flights to Munich and Barcelona/Milan, four weekly flights to Amsterdam and one daily flight to Frankfurt and London Heathrow.
I’m Michelle, and I love to travel. As a former hotel expert for one of the world’s largest hotel chains, I’ve stayed in nearly every type of room imaginable (including many that were not so desirable!). Nowadays, I am fortunate enough to be able to explore the world on my own terms. From international flights to learning different languages, there is nothing too far out of reach!