Among the openings planned by the Hyatt group in 2022, Madrid will see the debut of the Thompson brand in Europe.
Like other groups present at the ILTM trade show in Cannes, Hyatt presented its plans for the luxury hotel sector. The American group, already widely positioned in this niche with its Park Hyatt, Andaz and Unbound Collection brands, its Alila resorts and its lifestyle brands
such as Thompson Hotels and Destination by Hyatt, intends to strengthen its offer and will open 24 hotels within the luxury portfolio by 2023. Eight of these projects are in Europe and the Middle East. In the middle of next year, The Unbound Collection by Hyatt will add two beautiful resorts, the Magma Resort on the Greek island of Santorini, a 59-room resort nestled among ancient vineyards, while the Destination by Hyatt brand will continue its expansion in Europe with the 7Pines Resort Sardinia in Italy.
Also in 2022, the Thompson brand will celebrate its debut in Spain and its reintroduction to Europe with the mid-year opening of the Thompson Madrid, located in the city centre and featuring a rooftop terrace and pool. Finally, in the last quarter, Andaz will enter the Qatari market in Doha with a 318-room hotel in the West Bay district.
Looking further ahead, in 2025, the Hyatt group has another project in the Middle East in Saudi Arabia, near Riyadh, with a Park Hyatt integrated into the Diriyah Gate development overlooking the Al-Turaif site, which is classified as a UNESCO site. In Europe, the island of Lanzarote in the Canary Islands will see a luxury Alila resort and a Grand Hyatt.
Below is the list of hotels already announced by the group to open in the next two years worldwide:
The Unbound Collection by Hyatt
– Magma Resort Santorini, Greece.
– La Zambra, the former Byblos Hotel in Mijas, Spain.
– Fuji Speedway Hotel, Oyama, Japan.
– Numu in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
– Hotel Rhodania, Crans Montana, Switzerland.
– Grand Hansa Hotel Helsinki, Finland.
Destination by Hyatt
– 7Pines Resort Sardinia, Italy
– Grand Resort Qingchengshan, China
– Andaz Prague in the Czech Republic
– Andaz Doha, Qatar.
– Andaz Hexi Nanjing in China
– Andaz Pattaya Jomtien Beach in Thailand
– Grand Hyatt Kuwait
– Grand Hyatt Gurgaon in India
– Grand Hyatt Shenzhou Peninsula in Greater China
– Grand Hyatt Colombo in Sri Lanka
– Park Hyatt Marrakech in Morocco
– Park Hyatt Jakarta in Indonesia
– Park Hyatt Los Cabos Hotel & Residences in Mexico
– Alila Villas Maldives in the Maldives
– Alila Taihu Suzhou in China
– Thompson Madrid
– Thompson Austin, USA
– Thompson Denver, USA
– Thompson Houston, USA
– Thompson Monterrey, Mexico
– Thompson South Beach, USA
I’m Michelle, and I love to travel. As a former hotel expert for one of the world’s largest hotel chains, I’ve stayed in nearly every type of room imaginable (including many that were not so desirable!). Nowadays, I am fortunate enough to be able to explore the world on my own terms. From international flights to learning different languages, there is nothing too far out of reach!